Maryland Export Day Background
In 2021, the Maryland/Washington D.C. District Export Councils (MD/D.C. DEC) received a Governor’s proclamation designating May 25th as “Maryland Export Day” to highlight the importance of exporting and its contribution to the Maryland economy. Each year, the MD/DC DEC hosts a networking event to showcase Maryland exporters and celebrate their achievements, milestones, and partnerships.
This year we are highlighting African market export successes, and Ambassador Aisha Dewa, Minister for Trade and Investment from the Embassy of Nigeria will be joining our event. Additional program participants include Kendee Yamaguchi, Deputy Assistant Secretary for U.S. Field, U.S. Commercial Service, Kevin Anderson, Maryland Secretary of Commerce, and U.S. Department of Commerce African market specialist to discuss exporting to Nigeria, Morocco, Egypt, Ghana, and South Africa.
To showcase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) the event will feature, Oversea Distillery, an FDI company from Mongolia that will soon open their manufacturing facilities in Howard County. Oversea Distillery manufactures premium quality liquor products including Whiskey, Rum, and Vodka. They will provide a tase of their product by serving various mixed drinks, including the Black-eyed Susan, a traditional Maryland drink.
“Exporting Resources” table will offer a variety of exporting information, including various Maryland partner resources, such as the ExportMD grant for international activities.
Please join us to Celebrate Maryland’s Export Successes on the Global Stage
- Hear from VIP speakers from Federal, State, and Local Governments
- Connect with international business experts
- Celebrate Maryland’s Export Achievement Award recipients
- Network with “Explore Africa” table talks with Nigeria, Morocco, Egypt, Ghana, and South Africa
- Learn how your company can go-to-market thorough various local, state, and federally supported programs
- Enjoy local fare and refreshments
Thursday, May 25, 2023
4:30 registration, 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Howard County Economic Development Authority
Maryland Innovation Center
6751 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, Maryland 21046
MARYLAND EXPORT DAY AGENDA 2023
- Dr. Kimberly Brown, Chair, MD/D.C. District Export Council
- Kendee Yamaguchi, Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Wes Moore, Maryland Governor (invited)
- Kevin Anderson, Maryland Secretary of Commerce (confirmed)
- Calvin Ball, Howard County Executive (invited)
- Senator Cardin (invited)
- Senator VanHollen (invited)
Trade & Investment Opportunities in Africa
Aisha Dewa, Minister, Trade and Investment, Embassy of Nigeria
Export Achievement Awards Honoring Maryland Exporters
“Explore Africa” Networking with Country Experts
Morocco, Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana, South Africa
(Maryland’s 2022 Top African Trading Partners)